Job advertising on the web
Promote your casual work, graduate or internship opportunity with an advertisement on the Careers Centre database free of charge. Your advertisement will be viewable to all University of Sydney students and appear in 'Job Alert' a daily email to subscribing students. You can also target alumni (up to five years after graduation) advertise on our database and it will be visible at AlumniOnline.
If you advertise through the Careers Centre you will need to agree to our advertising terms and conditions.
We are unable to advertise unpaid internship, work experience or volunteer positions unless:
- the position fulfills part of a University curriculum and has faculty approval, or
- it is a volunteer position with a registered not-for-profit organisation.
Our unpaid and volunteering work info brochure has essential information for employers wishing to offer unpaid work including alternative suggestions. You can also contact the Careers Centre for assistance.
Submit an advertisement
To upload your job advertisement:
- log in to the Careers Centre employer database if you don't have a username you'll need to request a new account
- click 'job ads' and fill out the form
- agree to our advertising terms and conditions
- submit your advertisement for review by the Careers Centre.
Advertisements are displayed for a maximum of two months. If your position is filled before your registered expiry date please log in to the database and withdraw your ad.
What to include in your advertisement
We've found there is generally a better response to advertisements that are clear and informative. The following information is important to include:
- job title and description of duties
- skills and/or experience required
- hours worked, and flexibility with regard to study/exam timetables
- location/suburb of the work
- pay rate/basis of payment visit the Fair Work online website for pay rates and other employment conditions, or call their help line on 13 13 94
- how to apply and closing date for applications
- your contact details, including email address and phone number for Careers Centre staff (these do not appear with the job advertisement, however they are required for office purposes should we need to contact you).
It is free to advertise on our jobs database.
For greater promotion of your opportunities, consider:
- sending a targeted email-out to the students you wish to recruit
- booking a booth at a careers fair if you are promoting a graduate or internship program.
For help submitting an advertisement or more information, contact the Industry Development Team:
T: (02) 8627 8408