A number of factors may contribute to your ultimate choice of employer. For example, many people seek to align themselves with an organisation that is committed to values common to their own.
There are indexes that rate organisational performance against a range of measures, including employee satisfaction, corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability. Some of theses indexes include:
- Hewitt Best Employers in Australia and New Zealand
- Employer of Choice for Women
- Corporate Responsibility Index
- The Australian SAM Sustainability Index (PDF 3.1 MB)
- United Nations Global Compact
- Global Reporting Initiative
The handouts listed below offer up ethical considerations both in selecting and being selected by employers:
Another example of the growing importance of ethical decision making is the job seeking website ethicaljobs.com.au which helps to connect like-minded employers and employees.