Career development program for international students FAQs
- Can I substitute other Career Centre workshops for any of the Career Development Program workshops?
- What if I cannot attend the offered workshops in the Career Development Program during Semester 1, 2016?
- Can I start the Career Development Program at any time during the semester?
- Can I attend the Career Development Program workshops if I don’t intend to attend the full 7 workshops program?
- How can I check my progress in the Program?
- How do you record my attendance at a Career Development Program Workshop?
- How do I register for eligible workshops?
1. Can I substitute other Career Centre workshops for any of the Career Development Program workshops?
Yes, you can receive attendance credit for approved substitute workshops attended from Semester 1, 2014 onwards. All workshops must be within a 12 month period and your attendance must be recorded at each workshop. Please refer to the list of substitute workshops in Table A for more information.
2. What if I cannot attend the offered workshops in the Career Development Program during Semester 1, 2016?
The Careers Centre is aware of students’ study commitments and we endeavour to offer a number of sessions throughout each semester week. We offer lunchtime as well as evening sessions for students to choose from depending on their study schedule and commitments. Additional catch up sessions are run late each semester. You can count attendance at workshops as long as 7 approved workshops are attended within a 12 month period.
Yes, you can start the program at any time. You must attend 7 approved Career Development Program workshops within 12 months from the first workshop attendance date.
4. Can I attend the Career Development Program workshops if I don’t intend to attend the full 7 workshops program?
Yes, International students are welcome to attend any of the Career Development Program workshops without committing to the completion of the Program.
Attendance data is uploaded to Sydney CareerHub within 5 working days of each workshop. Check your progress here.
Your student card is scanned to record your attendance. If you do not have your student card please ensure you record your name and student number on a sheet provided by Careers Centre staff. If your attendance is not recorded in one of the above two ways attendance will not be counted.
Please see the list of upcoming workshops below. You need to complete one workshop from each of the seven categories to complete the program.