International Student Career Activities
- Career Development Program for International Students
- International Student Careers Forum 2016
- Career Chats
The Careers Centre invites international students to be part of the Career Development Program aimed at assisting international students with their employability skills and with gaining a competitive edge in the Australian job search market.
The goal of the program is to enhance skills in key career development areas and will encompass information and knowledge of Australian workplace culture and Australian employers’ expectations. The program offers:
- Career skills for international students
- Official Letter of Attendance if you attend 7 Career Development Program workshops within 12 months
- Opportunity to improve your employability skills and advance your job search competencies
For full details for the program click here.
Careers workshops for international students:
- Australian Resume Basics
- Job Search
- Cover Letters & Selection Criteria
- Interview Skills
- Career Planning
- Professional Communication
- Transition to the Australian Workplace
Keep an eye on Sydney CareerHub for workshop dates and to register.
When: Monday 11 April 2016, 5.30pm to 7.30pm
Places are limited – Register Now
International students, don't miss this unique opportunity to hear directly from industry representatives, providing key advice on preparing for a successful global graduate career in Australia, your home country or globally. Open to international students from all degrees & year, the Forum will include:
- Keynote Speaker Weng Lam Pui from Global Talent Acquisition at Microsoft (Adecco) will share his personal experience as an international student, and provide insights into the employability skills valued in the graduate job market based on his current role at the forefront of global graduate recruitment.
- A Global Industry Q&A Panel where representatives from Uber, EY, Oliver Wyman & Tableau will share career and job search tips for international students preparing for a graduate career in Australia and/or worldwide.
- An opportunity to chat to your fellow students over light refreshments at the conclusion of the Forum.
Be empowered to make informed career decisions. Places are limited, so don't miss out – register now!
Career Chats are informal drop-in sessions providing international students the opportunity to ask quick questions on a variety of career and employment related subjects. Students can drop in at any time during the session, ask questions and/or get involved in discussions with other international students.
Light refreshments are provided. Career chats are run once or twice a week during semester - see Sydney CareerHub for upcoming sessions.
Key things to know about this workshop:
- Open to international students only in any degree and in any year of study
- Ask Careers Centre staff quick questions relating to your career planning and job search – a great opportunity to ask follow up questions after attending a career skills workshop!
- Gain ideas from other international students and take advantage of group participation
- Please note we do not check resumes, cover letters or job applications in these sessions
- Drop in at any time during the session
Interchange is an inter-university action packed learning journey for international undergraduate students, designed to help you find your inner entrepreneur.
Find out more on the Interchange website