2014 Book Fair
The 2014 Book Fair will be held in the Great Hall at the University of Sydney from Saturday 13 to Wednesday 17 of September 2014.
The Book Fair has thousands of books at bargain prices in a wide range of categories including fiction, poetry, art, travel, literature, academic texts and much more. The event also includes a slow auction of rare and collectable books held over the weekend.
This year the Book Fair Committee received a collection of children's books, dating back to 1788, from the Aora Children's Literature Research Centre. A large selection of these heritage collectables will be on sale. This is a wonderful opportunity to start, or add to your collection, or simply pick up some treasures.
Saturday - Tuesday 10am-4pm
Items in the slow auction include:
- First editions of Patrick White novels
- Dorothea Mackellar's signed copy of Walter Scott's Bride of Lammermoor
- A complete set (35 vols) of facsimile editions of Early English Children's Books from the Osborne Collection at Toronto Public Library
- Errol Flynn movie posters
- Several issues of Hermes, the University of Sydney Magazine containing the first and only printings of several poems by James McAuley
- Etchings of Cedric Emanuel, limited signed edition
This year there will also be a table of "old and interesting" books to supplement the rarer, more expensive items in the slow auction.
Get involved and donate
The Book Fair welcomes the donation of used books that are in good condition. Please note, due to storage restrictions, we cannot accept:
- dated textbooks
- video tapes
- LP records.
Books can be dropped off at the Book Fair office located in the Demountable Village on Science Rd, just inside the Ross St gates on the Camperdown Campus. After hours books can be left in the collection bin beside the Demountable Village. Vehicles can park adjacent while unloading.
Large donations can be considered for pick up collection. Please contact us on the details below to discuss.
Volunteers sort and price all the donated books. This is an interesting and enjoyable activity and additional volunteers are always welcome. Please contact us on the details below.
The Book Fair Committee
Monday, Tuesday or Thursday
T +61 2 9351 7657