Scholarships & grants
The committee sponsors number of scholarships for disadvantaged and Indigenous students. More information on these can be obtained from the University’s Scholarships Office.
Members of the University, Faculties and other units may apply for funding for projects of University-wide significance by completing the Grant Application Form.
Applications are considered four times a year; the can advise on closing dates and other requirements.
Recent grants include:
- University Archives – assistance with ‘Students at War’ project to document the University’s involvement in World War I
- Sydney College of the Arts – rental of display space in the Rocks for visual arts students
- Great Hall – purchase and installation of trumpet stops for the organ
- Faculty of Medicine – assistance in preparation of an exhibition commemorating the centenary of Mawson’s Antarctic expedition
- Fisher Library – provision of rare book display cases
- University Art Collection – restoration of portraits in the Great Hall
- Faculty of Veterinary Science – assistance with purchase of aboriginal art works for display in Conference Centre
- Cricket Club – publication of a Club history and preservation microfilming of annual reports
- Faculty of Engineering – assistance to student team building a racing car for international competition