Accommodation Service Disclaimer
Inclusion on this website:
- is not an endorsement by the Accommodation Service of a particular
accommodation provider, organisation, or website.
- is not a warranty as to the suitability or condition of any accommodation listed. We do not inspect any of the accommodation listed on this website. It is up to students to make their own inquiries about the suitability and condition of accommodation.
Accommodation can be arranged by contacting one of our preferred providers or searching for your own.
Transfers to your accommodation from the airport can also be arranged by your provider. There will be a charge for this service.
CET is always encouraging students to participate in excursions. These outings are an informative cultural experience and play an important part of your English language learning program. It allows the students to get to know their teachers better as well as their fellow classmates.
The University has its own health care service on campus. You have access to these services when you need them.
The CET computer laboratories offer free internet access.
The University's Fisher Library is the largest university library in Australia. Faculty and college libraries also have their own special collections.
CET students can buy library community borrowing rights. Visit the Fisher Library Card Centre.
The Orientation Program we offer upon the commencement of your course will help you to get to know the University, the city and our Centre. It covers general information on living in Australia, learning strategies, testing, interviews, shopping, learning about the university and its faculties. We also take you on a coach tour of the city of Sydney.
If you want more information about what it's like to study at the University of Sydney, visit the Students section of the CET website.
The University of Sydney has over 40,000 students. The campus is like a mini-city with its own banks, post office, hairdresser, eateries, bookshops, travel agents, chemist & medical services, an employment service, housing office and many different sporting facilities.
For a small fee, you can access all the university facilities including the gymnasium, heated Olympic swimming pool, fully-equipped sporting complexes, squash and tennis courts, football ovals, circuit training and fitness/dance classes.
You can also enjoy regular social activities such as dances, movies and sightseeing.
Below are links to the web sites of some University student facilities:
- Sydney University Sport - sports clubs
- University of Sydney Union - clubs & societies retail, entertainment, and media services for students, as well as food and retail (shopping) services which cater for special diets e.g. vegetarian, halal etc. Click here for opening hours.
- Access card - This card represents USU membership, but more than that, your card is the key to loads of amazing discounts that will save you big bucks on and off campus. With massive savings on a wide range of goods and services your card gives your wallet that little bit more room.
- Food outlets - There are also various food outlets located in the Wentworth Building. Nearby, there are also cafes, coffee bars and restaurants offering foods from all over the world. Students who have special dietary needs will also find eateries to suit them.