Academic English (AE)
Please note AE will be replaced with Intensive Test Preparation (ITP) in 2013.
What is Academic English (AE)?
- AE prepares you for admission to Direct Entry Courses (DEC) at CET.
- AE prepares you for admission to any university, TAFE or vocational course with the required IELTS.
- AE is in 11 week blocks.
- AE classes are 20 hours per week.
- You can study in AE for 33, 22 or 11 weeks, depending on your current IELTS (or equivalent) score and your target score.
- AE classes can be morning classes from 8.30am to 12.55pm or afternoon classes from 1.05pm to 5.30pm
What is the tuition fee?
- Tuition fee for AE is $470 per week.
What will I learn?
- You will learn language skills for participation in university lectures, seminars and tuorials.
- You will learn test-taking skills for strategies.
What do I need to enter?
- You will need 4.0-5.5 IELTS (or equivalent), depending on your current IELTS or equivalent score and your target score.
- AE can be taken in combination with Direct Entry Course (DEC25), or separately.
If you wish to study in multiple courses, please enrol in your first course only. We will confirm possible additional courses in our offer letter to you.
When can I start?
|Course||Academic English (AE)|
|2012 dates||13 Feb||30 Apr||16 Jul||2 Oct|
Academic English (AE) in combination with Direct Entry Course (DEC 25)
|Course||AE 33 weeks + DEC 36 weeks||AE 22 weeks + DEC 36 weeks||AE 11 weeks + DEC 36 weeks|
|AE start||22 Aug 2011*||13 Feb 2012||7 Nov 2011*||30 Apr 2012||13 Feb 2012||16 Jul 2012|
|DEC36 start||30 Apr 2012||2 Oct 2012||30 Apr 2012||2 Oct 2012||30 Apr 2012||2 Oct 2012|
|University start||Sem I 2013||Sem II 2013||Sem I 2013||Sem II 2013||Sem I 2013||Sem II 2013|