Business English (BE)
What is Business English (BE)?
Business English will improve your ability to communicate in English in a range of business and workplace situations.
BE courses provide an opportunity to:
- explore specific English terminology, skills and concepts related to business
- practise and get feedback on your ability to demonstrate competencies in English in a range of Professional Development modules. Over the 11 weeks, the course includes modules in Presentations, Meetings, Networking, Problem Solving, Time Management, Project Management, Leadership, Negotiating, Managing Up, Conflict Management and Business Writing
- visit industry workplaces
- complete a project (do research, give a presentation and write a report in your area of interest)
- experience university life
- prepare for the BULATS (Business Language Testing Service) test.
What is BULATS?
The BE program prepares you for the BULATS exam – The Business Language Testing Service.
CET is an official test centre for the BULATS exam.
What are the BULATS test dates at CET?
|17 Dec 2014||19 Mar 2015||16 Jul 2015||1 Oct 2015||16 Dec 2015|
What is the tuition fee?
- The tuition fee for BE courses is $425 per week. Administration and materials fees apply.
- Apply and pay by 1 December 2014 to receive a free BULATS exam (normally AUD$300) for programs commencing 2014 and 2015.
Can I combine other courses?
- You can combine Business English (BE) with other Professional Pathway courses such as General English (GE) and Intensive Test Preparation (ITP). Please enrol in General English (GE) or Intensive Test Preparation (ITP) online, then contact us to enrol in BE.
What do I need to enter?
- You need a minimum level of B1+ (Common European Framework of Reference - CEFR, IELTS 5.0 or equivalent). You will be placed in a class according to your score on the CET placement test or your IELTS score or equivalent. If you are not at this level, you can combine your course and start in General English (GE). Test Concordance Table.
What BE courses are available and start dates?
- B1+ (Intermediate) to C1 (Advanced) - CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference).
- BE courses are 20 hours per week.
- BE courses may be held in the morning, afternoon or evening.
- It is recommended that you study in 11-week blocks. The minimum course length is six weeks.
OPTION A - 11 WEEKS
|Start dates:||7 Oct 2014||5 Jan 2015||4 May 2015||20 Jul 2015||6 Oct 2015|
OPTION B - 6 WEEKS
|Start dates:||10 Nov 2014||9 Feb 2015||9 Jun 2015||24 Aug 2015||9 Nov 2015|
Note: A minimum of 8 students is required for this course to run. CET reserves the right to cancel a course 4 weeks prior to commencement. You will receive final confirmation of your course 4 weeks before the start date.
Customised BE programs for groups are available. The course length, dates and level can be customised to the group.