Direct Entry Course (DEC)
What is DEC?
- DEC is a direct entry program to degree programs at the University of Sydney.
- You can study in DEC for 36, 25, 15, 10 or 5 weeks, depending on your current IELTS (or equivalent) score and your target score.
- DEC prepares you for full participation in your specific School or Faculty.
- DEC prepares you for admission to Advanced Skills for Academic Success (ASAS) at CET.
- DEC classes are 20 hours per week.
- DEC classes may be held in the morning, afternoon or evening.
What will I learn?
- You will learn language skills for participation in university lectures, seminars and tutorials.
- You will learn skills necessary for success in writing essays and reports related to your discipline.
- You will learn basic research skills necessary for your coursework and research degrees.
What do I need to enter?
- You will need 5.0 - 6.5 IELTS (or equivalent), depending on the English language requirement for your courses at the University of Sydney and you may need to have the minimum required band in every skill.
For more information, view the Test Concordance Table.
Which DEC course is best for me?
- You can study in DEC for 36, 25, 15, 10 or 5 weeks, depending on your current IELTS or equivalent score and your target score.
- DEC can be taken in combination with Graduate Academic Skills (GAS) or Advanced Academic Skills (ASAS), or separately.
If you wish to study in multiple courses, please enrol in your first course only. We will confirm possible additional courses in our offer letter to you.
When can I start?
What are the fees?