Graduate Academic Skills
What is Graduate Academic Skills (GAS)?
- GAS is a 5 week very high level intensive academic English course.
- GAS prepares you for admission to the University of Sydney undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs.
- GAS classes are 20 hours per week.
- GAS classes may be held in the morning, afternoon or evening.
What is the tuition fee?
- Tuition fee for GAS is $2,450 per course.
What will I learn?
- GAS reinforces academic skills such as writing essays, listening to lectures, participating in tutorials and presenting seminars.
- GAS helps you facilitate the transition to university study in Australia and introduces you to critical thinking, research skills and learning strategies.
What do I need to enter?
- You will have with a confirmed offer for entry to the University and a minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
For more information, view the Test Concordance Table.
Which GAS course is best for me?
- GAS can be taken in combination with Advanced Skills for Academic Success (ASAS) or separately.
If you wish to study in multiple courses, please enrol in your first course only. We will confirm possible additional courses in our offer letter to you.
When are the start dates?
GAS start dates
|University start dates||Sem 1 2015||Sem 2 2015||Sem 1 2016|
|GAS start dates||5 Jan 2015||9 Jun 2015||4 Jan 2016|
|Applications close||5 Dec 2014||8 May 2015||4 Dec 2015|
|Intended student's IELTS requirement||
GAS - confirmed for university offer.