General English (GE)
What is General English (GE)
Why study GE at CET?
- GE focuses on developing communication skills to live and work in Australia and abroad.
- GE is mapped to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- GE is offered at all levels - A1 to C2.
- GE is recommended to be taken in 11 week blocks.
- GE classes are 20 hours per week.
- GE classes can be morning classes from 8.30am to 12.55pm or afternoon classes from 1.05pm to 5.30pm.
What is the tuition fee?
- Tuition fee for GE $425 per week
What will I learn?
- You will learn the language skills necessary to function in any English-speaking country and specifically Australia.
- You will acquire the skills and confidence to get the job you want, travel around Australia or prepare for life after university.
- You will learn the language needed to prepare for permanent residence or enter the workforce in Australia.
What do I need to enter?
- There are no set entry requirements for GE.
- Initial placement in a class is by CET placement test, IELTS or equivalent.
- There is a minimum two weeks enrolment.
Which GE course is best for me?
- You may join an ongoing course on any Monday.
- GE can be taken in combination with Professional Development Programs (PDP) and English for Specific Purposes (ESP)
If you wish to study in multiple courses, please enrol in your first course only. We will confirm possible additional courses in our offer letter to you.
Please see table below for courses and start dates:
||General English (GE)
|GE start dates 2013
|| 15 Jul
|| 19 Aug
|| 1 Oct
|| 4 Nov
|GE start dates 2014
GE Group enrolments
|| Group enrolments - meeting your needs
||We offer groups enrolments with added services such as homestay and airport pick-up. We can also customise your program to meet your requirements. Find out more information