Intensive Academic Speaking (IAS)
Please note: This course will be renamed DEC 5 in 2015.
What is Intensive Academic Speaking (IAS)
- IAS is a 5 week Intensive Academic Speaking course.
- IAS prepares you for admission to the University of Sydney undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs.
- IAS classes are 20 hours per week.
- IAS classes may be held in the morning, afternoon or evening.
What are the tuition fees?
- Tuition fee for IAS is $2,450 per course.
What will I learn?
- You will learn speaking skills for participating in seminars, discussion groups, tutorials and lectures.
What do I need to enter?
- You need to have met the language requirement for your degree but be half a band below the requirement for speaking.
For more information, view theTest Concordance Table.
Which IAS course is best for me?
- IAS can be taken in combination with Advanced Skills for Academic Success (ASAS) or separately.
If you wish to study in multiple courses, please enrol in your first course only. We will confirm possible additional courses in our offer letter to you.
When are the start dates?
|University start dates||Sem 1 2014||Sem 2 2014||Sem 1 2015|
|Start dates||6 Jan 2014||10 Jun 2014||DEC5 will replace this course in 2015|