Entry requirements

  • You should be 16 years of age or more. If you will be under 18 at the time of course commencement, you must arrange for your support and general welfare until you turn 18 years of age.
    Please refer to: http://sydney.edu.au/cet/students/accommodation.shtml
  • You must comply with health and visa requirements of the Australian Government.

Step 1 - Apply Online

You can Apply Online for most of our courses. Our system will make a recommendation for a course type based on the data you enter and you will receive a confirmation email. A CET admissions counsellor will contact you to confirm your offer.

If you are having difficulties applying online, please contact cet.enrolments@sydney.edu.au

Step 2 - Your offer letter

We will send you an offer letter with details of the fees you need to pay. We try to send your offer letter one or two days after we receive your application form.

If you have applied for a the University of Sydney 'package', your offer letter will explain what you need to do.

In some countries, you will need to complete pre-visa assessment (PVA) before you can pay your fees.

For more information about student visas, visit the Immigration Department web pages for international students.

To find your nearest embassy, see the list of Australian diplomatic missions.

Step 3 - Pay your fees

If you need a pre-visa-assessment (PVA), do not pay any fees until you receive your visa approval from Immigration. Send your visa approval form with your notice of payment.

You can pay by $AUD bank draft, credit card (Mastercard / Visa), or transfer the funds by telegraphic transfer. If you are already in Australia, you can also pay by money order.

Details of how to make your payment are included in the offer letter we send to you.

Step 4 - Confirmation of enrolment

If you are applying for a student visa, CET will send you a copy of your Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) when we receive your fee payment.

You do not need an original eCoE. The Australian diplomatic mission will accept your copy. We also send you a letter of acceptance.

If you are travelling on a tourist or working holiday visa, we send you a letter of acceptance when we receive your fee payment.

Step 5 - Apply for a visa

If you are applying for a student visa, take your copy of the Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) to the Australian diplomatic mission which is processing your visa application.

If you are already in Australia, take your eCoE to the nearest office of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).

AusAID students do not need an eCoE to be granted a student visa.