How to apply for one visa to cover your English and degree studies

'Packaging' means you can obtain one visa which covers both English training and your university studies.

Particularly for students from level 3 and 4 countries, this will make your visa processing much simpler.

Package diagram

You will receive Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) forms from both the International Office (at The University of Sydney) and from CET. This allows you to apply for one visa for your whole period of study.

We believe this will streamline the application process for students wishing to study at the University, because with the 'package' it will not be necessary to take another IELTS test before commencing degree studies.

Step 1 - Send your degree application to the university

Send your application for a degree program to the International Office (IO). You may apply directly to the university or through a registered university / CET agent.

You may also apply to CET for English language studies at this time.

Step 2 - University will send you a conditional offer

The International Office will send you a conditional offer (conditional on your level of English) including the 'How to apply for one visa' information (3 pages).

Step 3 - Apply to CET

You can Apply Online for most of our courses. Our system will make a recommendation for a course type based on the data you enter and you will receive a confirmation email. A CET Admissions Counsellor will contact you to confirm your offer.

If you are having difficulties applying online, you can print the application form, complete it and send it to CET. Our fax number and address are on the form.

You will need Adobe Acrobat reader to access the PDF document. Please download a free copy from the Adobe site if you do not already have it installed on your computer.

Step 4 - CET will send you an 'package' offer

CET will send you a 'package' offer once you have met all the conditions on your university offer, apart from English.

Step 5 - You apply for PVA

Apply for a pre-visa assessment (PVA), if necessary.

Step 6 - You make payment

Once you have met all entry requirements except for English language, send your payment to CET as per the offer letter. (You must also send your PVA approval letter if you require PVA).

Step 7 - CET & IO both issue eCoEs

CET issues an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) for English studies and the International Office (IO) issues an eCoE for degree studies.

Step 8 - You apply for your visa

When you have both eCoEs, you apply for your visa.

Step 9 - With your visa, make your travel arrangements

You receive your visa and make all other arrangements to come to Australia and start your English studies at CET.