This course is mapped to the Common Europe Framework of Reference (CEFR), a globally recognised standard for language competencies. It has five levels:
- A1 (Elementary)
- A2 (Pre-intermediate)
- B1 (Intermediate)
- B2 (Upper-intermediate)
- C1 (Advanced).
General English special offer
Apply now for a special tuition rate of AUD$300 per week for our GE course (normal rate is AUD$450 per week).
- Course fee is AUD$300 per week. Additional admin and materials fees apply.
- Special offer is valid for study from 3 January to 29 September 2017.
- Course start dates are from 3 January 2017 to 18 September 2017.
- Minimum course length is 2 weeks.
Special offer terms and conditions
- This special offer applies to new enrolments and re-enrolments for extensions.
- This special offer does not apply to students on Scholarship grants.
- This special offer entitles participants to a weekly tuition rate of AUD$300.
- This special offer is valid for a minimum GE enrolment of 2 weeks.
- This special offer cannot be used with other CET offers.
- This special offer is not available for packaged visas or University of Sydney offer holders.
- This special offer is not applicable to Customised Programs
- Date changes for this special offer are permitted prior to payment at no charge. Date changes after payment will be charged at AUD$150 for each date change.
- Enrolments in this special offer must be taken continuously.
- Transfer into other programs is charged at full price.
- CET reserves the right to make alterations to the campaign without notice.
Additional Centre for English Teaching (CET) terms & conditions apply.
2017 GE Enrolment
This special offer is valid for students commencing in 2017. Students can commence on any Monday from 3 January to 18 September 2017 for a minimum of 2 weeks. See dates below:
- This special offer commences from 3 January 2017.
- The last course start date for this special offer is 18 September 2017.
- Courses with special offer must be completed by the 29 September 2017
Learn the English language skills necessary to communicate clearly, and function successfully, both socially and professionally, in Australia and abroad.
Classes are interactive and include excursions that offer direct experience of Australian culture and opportunities to practise English in context.
There are no entry requirements. We will place you in a class according to your score on the CET placement test or your IELTS score or equivalent.
Timetables, dates and fees in 2017
Course length varies from two weeks to 39 weeks in 2017, dependent on your current English level, your progress within the course and the English level you wish to achieve.
||No of weeks
||Hours per week
GE is run from 3 January to 18 September 2017. The minimum course length is two weeks. Download the flyer to find more about GE in 2017.
¹ The GE course is not offered from 1 October 2017 till the end of the year. The last enrolment date for GE in 2017 is 18 September, for a two-week course only.
² additional test fees, as applicable
³ $100 initial payment
⁴ $10 for each week of study.
* A minimum of eight students is required for a course to run in an area of study. CET reserves the right to cancel a course four weeks prior to commencement. All fees are in Australian dollars.
Other CET courses
You may combine GE with other CET courses. If you wish to study in multiple courses, please enrol in your first course only. We will confirm possible additional courses in our offer letter to you.