Full English Language Scholarship
The purpose of English Language Scholarships is to provide additional support to international students who have been awarded scholarships that do not provide support for English Language. This scholarship is in the form of a fully supported English Language Scholarship (excluding stipend) for up to six months of English language preparation. Students must be enrolled in appropriate Direct Entry Courses at the Centre for English Teaching (CET) according to their existing IELTS or equivalent level and the required IELTS or equivalent level for their target degree, ranging from 3.5 weeks to 25 weeks of supported instruction. The minimum IELTS level for the scholarship is 5.5 IELTS for a degree requiring 6.5 IELTS entry requirement or equivalent.
To provide English Language Scholarships intended as top-up scholarship to international students who have been awarded scholarships that do not provide support for English Language for Holders of Post-Graduate Scholarships for Master by Research, PhD and EdD.
Full English Language Scholarship from the Faculty and Centre for English Teaching takes the form of a fully supported English Language Scholarship (excluding stipend) for up to six months of English language preparation. 32 scholarships of up to 25 weeks of English language instruction will be offered per year.
To be eligible applicants must have the following:
- A scholarship with a conditional offer for post-graduate research degrees needing 25 weeks or less of Direct Entry Courses.
- A minimum IELTS level 5.5 requiring 6.5 or equivalent, depending on degree. BECAS Chile Scholarships require a minimum IELTS level 6.0.
- A scholarship that provides a stipend for living expenses during the English language component but not the tuition fees(the English Language Scholarships does not provide stipend).
- Applicants will need to apply online for their chosen English course immediately after they have applied for their degree program.
- All applicants must complete the Full English Language Scholarship Application form.
Terms and conditions
Full English Language Scholarship from the Faculty and Centre for English Teaching have the following conditions:
- May only be awarded once to any recipient.
- May not be held in conjunction with any other CET Scholarship.
- The scholarship will be terminated if the recipient withdraws their Post-Graduate Scholarship for Masters by Research, PhD and EdD. Once terminated, the scholarship will not be reinstated.
- The Faculty and/or CET reserves the right to reallocate a scholarship if terms of the award are not met.