Salvation Army Chaplaincy
Statement of Faith
Our Mission Statement
Grow Saints, Save Souls and Serve Suffering Humanity.
We aim to acheive this mission in the uni through the following ways:
- To provide a forum for speakers to make presentations to members of the group about social justice issues and how YOU can be empowered to make a difference
- To provide a support group for students who want to make a difference in their university through addressing the needs of their peers
- To schedule visits to Salvation army sites allowing students to understand the real issues facing our society is facing
- To provide activities for students to foster a sense of community and fellowship within their university
- To provide a spiritual framework to understand what motivates us to make a difference
- To encourage studets to be aware of the deeper needs of individuals (a holistic view of self, striving to be physically, mentally, emotionally and spritually healthy)
- To provide opportunities for students to foster deeper and closer relationships with God
- Continue to widen The Salvation Army mission and motives and promote its work.