2013 SYDNEY CHINA BUSINESS FORUM: 29 October
Australia and China: building a sustainable future together
The third Sydney China Business Forum themed ‘Australia and China: Building a Sustainable Future Together’ was attended by more than 300 Australian and Chinese business leaders, state ministers, City of Sydney officials and academics. Held at Sydney Town Hall on 29 October, the forum provided a unique opportunity for Australia and China to discuss ways to create partnerships to help solve complex sustainability issues.
The Lord Mayor of Sydney and the Premier of New South Wales the Hon. Barry O’Farrell opened the forum.
Deputy Premier of NSW the Hon. Andrew Stoner MP launched the University of Sydney-KPMG report Demystifying Chinese investment in Australian agribusiness.
Other keynote speakers included:
- H.E. Li Huxin, Consul-General of the People’s Republic of China in Sydney
- Mr Tony Cripps, CEO, HSBC Bank Australia
- Mr Zheng Qiyu, Vice General Manager, China Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection Group
- Mr John Grill, Chairman and Non-Executive Director, WorleyParsons
- Professor Salah Sukkarieh, Professor of Robotics and Intelligent Systems, Australian Centre for Field Robotics, The University of Sydney
- Mr Meng Gang, Deputy General Director, Australia Working Group, China Development Bank
- Mr Peng Gang, Economic and Commercial Consul, Consulate-General of the People’s Republic of China in Sydney
- Mr Doug Ferguson, Partner, Asia Business Group, KPMG
Presented by the University of Sydney’s China Studies Centre, the forum is an annual event to open dialogue between Australia and China. It is hosted by the City of Sydney and HSBC Bank Australia is the major sponsor.
Chinese Media Partners