2011 Sydney China Business Forum
The inaugural Sydney China Business Forum was held at Customs House in November 2011.
The high-profile business forum was presented by the China Studies Centre and Caixin Media and included more than 130 Australian and Chinese government and business leaders discussing the challenges and opportunities in trading with China.
Keynote speakers included Federal Treasurer, Wayne Swan, Federal Trade Minister, Craig Emerson, and Hu Shuli, editor-in-chief of the Caixin business and finance media group.
Below, you will find videos of key panels and speeches from the forum.
- 65:07 minutes
- Download video (mp4, 458.26 Mb)
- 70:34 minutes
- Download video (mp4, 501.48 Mb)
Panel 3 : How will the Chinese growth model impact the future of economic cooperation in the Asia-Pacific region?
- 58:02 minutes
- Download video (mp4, 421.35 Mb)
Panel 4 : As the institutional and regulatory environment in Australia and China evolves, what steps need to be taken?
- 71:10 minutes
- Download video (mp4, 528.90 Mb)
The speakers at the forum were thought leaders and decision-makers from China and Australia and included:
For more information about our speakers and their ties with China, visit the Forum speakers page.
- Associate Professor Vivienne Bath, Associate Dean, University of Sydney Law School
- Ian Bauert, Managing Director, Rio Tinto China
- Nicholas Curtis AM, Founding Partner and Chairman, Riverstone Advisory
- Nicholas Davis, Associate Director, World Economic Forum
- John Denton, Partner and CEO, Corrs, Chambers Westgarth
- The Hon Craig Emerson MP, Minister for Trade, Australia- Keynote Speaker
Professor Alex Frino, CEO, University of Sydney Capital Markets
- Professor Geoff Garrett, CEO, University of Sydney US Studies Centre
- Professor David Goodman, Director, University of Sydney China Studies Centre- Event MC
- Professor Hans Hendrischke, Executive Chairman, University of Sydney China Studies Centre
- The Hon Joe Hockey MP, Shadow Treasurer, Australia- Keynote Speaker
- Professor Yiping Huang, Managing Director & Chief Economist, Emerging Asia, Barclays Capital
- Jason Yat-Sen Li, CEO of Yatsen Associates and Vice-Chair of the Australia-China Chamber of Commerce in Beijing
- David Olsson, Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jacques
- Dr John Phillips AO, Chair of the Foreign Investment Review Board, Australia
- Professor Geoff Raby, Former Australian ambassador to China (until August 2011), Co-Chairman, Corrs Chambers Westgarth China Group; Professorial Fellow, Monash University
- Hu Shuli, Editor-in-Chief of Caixin Media, Century Weekly and China Reform - Keynote Speaker
- The Hon Warwick Smith AM, Chairman, ANZ Bank NSW and ACT
- The Hon Wayne Swan MP, Deputy Prime Minister and Treasurer of Australia - Keynote Speaker
- The Hon Malcolm Turnbull MP, Shadow Minister for Communications and Broadband - Keynote Speaker
- Dr Michael Wesley, Executive Director, Lowy Institute
- Geoff Wilson, CEO, KPMG Australia
- Professor Chenggang Xu, Professor of Economics, Hong Kong University
- Professor Yongda Yu, Director Tsinghua University Institute for International Strategy and Development
- Chen Zeng, Head of Australian Office, CITIC Group
We welcome enquiries about the Sydney China Business Forum 2012, which will take place later this year. Please contact for more information.