Becoming a Junior Policy Associate (JPA)
The China Studies Centre has established an informal network of students, known as Junior Policy Associates (JPAs). JPAs will operate as informal interns for a period of 12 months. Activities include:
- editing and proofreading reports, policy papers and material for the China Studies Centre
- assisting with research and providing reader feedback for other reports and articles
- writing posts for the China Studies Centre blog China Today, China Tomorrow
- being a source of ideas on engagement and China-related outreach activities for the Centre
- assisting with events as required.
To be eligible to apply to be a JPA, applicants must:
- be a member of the China Studies Centre
- be studying (or have been awarded) a tertiary degree from the University of Sydney
- have a demonstrated interest in China
- be willing to commit at least four hours per month to JPA activities, including writing three posts for the blog during the 12 month period.
Applications for JPA positions will be accepted at the commencement of Semester 1 and Semester 2 each year.
The deadline for applying for the Semester 1, 2015 intake of JPAs is Saturday 31 January 2015.
To apply for the Semester 1, 2015 intake of JPAs, please submit your CV and a 500-word blog post on your topic of interest or a topical issue in China to by 31 January 2015.
To apply for the Semester 2, 2015 intake, submit your CV and a 500-word blog post on your topic of interest or a topical issue in China to by Friday 31 July 2015.
Applications will be assessed by the China Studies Centre Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer, and interviews may be scheduled.
For more information contact the .