To prepare, motivate and engage young people, with the support of their communities, to access, participate and succeed in higher education.
We aim to create and sustain a university in which, for the benefit of Australia and the wider world, the brightest and most promising students, regardless of their cultural or social background, can thrive and realise their potential.
Under these guiding principles we aim to:
- Increase access and participation in higher education for people from low socio-economic status (LSES), regional and remote, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
- Engage and connect with teachers, families, and community influencers to foster sustained change in beliefs and attitudes about higher education.
- Inform collaborative models for experiential learning with industry and partner organisations.
- Inform and promote research in education on widening participation and equity strategies.
- Support University of Sydney graduate attributes through service learning, mentoring and volunteering programs with schools and communities, partners, and faculties