WIDENING PARTICIPATION AT THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Our collaborations across the University are key to the success of Compass.
Since 2009 we have worked closely with professional staff in Campus Infrastructure, Events, Alumni and Development, Careers and Student Services. We now work with every Faculty to deliver innovative and effective activities and experiences to school students - their teachers, family and community.
- Presentations by academic staff at our campus experience days
- Service learning placements as a part of our in school programs
- Academic enrichment workshops in schools – both in metropolitan and regional NSW
- Participation in residential Wingara Mura-Bunga Barrabugu Summer and Winter Programs
We also rely on a pool of committed and dedicated University of Sydney students who volunteer with Compass to deliver our in school programs and on campus events.
Widening Participation Network (WPN)
As a Unit we are also responsible for coordinating an academic and professional staff network – the Widening Participation Network - to share resources and professional learning opportunities with the aim to:
- build the University’s research agenda on social inclusion/exclusion
- promote the development of teaching and learning activities that support student engagement and cultural competence.
WPN Scholarships and Travel Grants
Conference travel grants are available to support academic and professional staff to present at relevant domestic or international conferences which explore:
- participation of students from low socio-economic backgrounds, regional and remote areas and Indigenous students
- building our research agenda on social inclusion/exclusion
- teaching and learning activities that support student engagement and cultural competence.
Previous scholarships, grants, news and meeting dates are listed below:
The network has its own list-serve. In order to access posted material and/or provide your own, it is necessary to join. To join the network click here.