Regional and Remote
Compass currently coordinates a number of targeted programs in Dubbo, Parkes, Forbes, Gilgandra and Broken Hill to assist students, build confidence and motivation, realise their potential for higher education and to understand the opportunities provided by tertiary study.
Our programs include:
- Occupational Therapy program places 3rd year Bachelor of Health Science and Master of Occupational Therapy (OT) students from the University of Sydney into targeted schools.
- Kick-start science workshops are aimed at HSC science students and teachers. These workshops are designed to meet the demand expressed by science teachers in response to changes to the NSW HSC Science syllabus and give HSC students a chance to do experiments and demonstrations of key ideas in the syllabus that are difficult to do in the classroom.
- HSC English with academics from the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
- Preparation for senior study & Scholarship development and application skills workshops to encourage and support their progression to tertiary study and identify their leadership skills, an essential component for writing scholarship applications.
- Student volunteers from the Sydney University Law Society visit Compass partner schools to encourage regional high school students to consider university as a future option.