As a Compass volunteer you will be an integral member of a team whose aim is to positively impact on students’
- academic preparedness
- awareness of higher education
- confidence and motivation to attend university.
You will develop personal qualities and values which will equip you for future leadership. As a volunteer you will:
- broaden critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills;
- develop your cultural competencies while working collaboratively in diverse groups and settings;
- build confidence, personal resilience and capacity to manage challenges;
- extend your studies into practice and
- make a positive contribution to society.
I want to volunteer with Compass!
If you are student, academic or alumni of the University of Sydney you are welcome to apply. Applications to volunteer with Compass open online in February each year.
Shortlisted applicants are invited to attend a brief interview with staff from the Compass volunteer team. If you accept the offer of a position, you will be asked to attend two day training program.
If you are interested in what we do, have a look at the different volunteer programs we offer. If you would like to know a little more about what’s involved – meet our volunteers.