Scholarship opportunity with Shanghai University in 2015
The Confucius Institute is offering students of our Chinese Language courses a scholarship opportunity to participate 4 weeks Chinese language program at Shanghai University from 20 July to 15 August 2015.
This four week study program will include Chinese language classes, cultural activities, as well as a two day trip to Suzhou and Hangzhou. Students will explore fascinating historical and cultural sites, experiment with different art forms, interact with Chinese university students and sample the delights of authentic Chinese cuisine.
- Current students of the Confucius Institute’s Chinese language program
- Possess a non–Chinese passport
Download full program details
The Scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fee
- Group meals during the course
Participants will need to pay for:
- Return airfare approx AUD 1,000 with Eastern China Airline (fare may change depend on the time of your booking).
- Travel insurance from AUD 175 (QBE Insurance)
- Visa application and services: AUD 98.50 for single entry for Australian Citizens.
- Personal expenses
Application closing date
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight, Sunday 29 March 2015.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on 13 and 19 April.
- You MUST have a valid passport. If you do not have a passport or if it expires before 1 April 2015, you MUST apply for one now.
- Organise your travel insurance cover. Registrations will only be processed in accompanied by a valid travel insurance policy.
- Please inform us if you have severe health issues. Submit copies of your visa, travel insurance policy and passport to the Program Administrator.
- You must organise your own visa for the trip, and make sure you have a valid visa and passport for the duration of your stay in China.
- You will need to organise an appointment with the China Visa Application Centre. You can visit their website and begin your online visa application.
Telephone: 9114 0760
* Disclaimer: Program itinerary is subject to change without prior notice either before departure or after the commencement of the program.