The Confucius Institute and the Centre for Continuing Education have combined our strength and resources to launch a highly structured Chinese Mandarin language program that is designed for people who have no or little Chinese language knowledge or are Australian-born Chinese with a heritage background. Our classes are interactive and focus on building students’ listening, speaking, reading and writing skills using international teaching aids.
01:20 minutes Download video (mp4, 10.01 Mb)
Why learn Chinese with us?
- Well-designed course structure and content
- Experienced and well-trained native-speaking Chinese teachers
- Small classes and individual coaching time
- International acclaimed university textbooks
Our Chinese Mandarin language courses are developed to suit different learning levels. Students can choose from a four year standard program or a two year intensive program that offers them a clear long-term perspective and a structured program that is based on the most widely used international teaching material.
Chinese Standard Program
10 consecutive weeks, 2 hours per week (20 hours per term)
Chinese Intensive Program
10 consecutive weeks, 2 x 2 hours per week (40 hours per term)
See full course details or enroll »
Other Chinese Language Courses
Individual and Small Group Tuition
The Confucius Institute provides individual tuition for people with specific learning needs. The individual tuition classes are 1 hour per session. This course provides flexibility and is suitable for busy professionals who are unable to attend regular class.
More information »
Study Chinese scholarship opportunity at Shanghai University in 2014
The Confucius Institute is offering students of our Chinese Language courses a scholarship opportunity to participate in an intensive Chinese language program at Shanghai University from 14 July to 10 August 2014.
This four week study program will include Chinese language classes, cultural activities, as well as a two day trip to Suzhou and Hangzhou. Students will explore fascinating historical and cultural sites, experiment with different art forms, interact with Chinese university students and sample the delights of authentic Chinese cuisine.
- Current students of the Confucius Institute’s Chinese language program
- Possess a non–Chinese passport
The Scholarship will cover
- Tuition fee
- Registration fee
- Group meals and activities during the program
Participants will need to pay for
- Return airfare Sydney to Shanghai. Fare may change depending on the time of your booking.
- Travel insurance from AUD 175 with QBE Insurance
- Visa application and services: AUD 98.50 for single entry for Australian Citizens.
- Personal expenses
Applications closing date
Please email your application to us by 9pm, Sunday 6 April