The Confucius Institute and the Centre for Continuing Education have combined our strength and resources to launch a highly structured Chinese Mandarin language program that is designed for people who have no or little Chinese language knowledge or are Australian-born Chinese with a heritage background. Our classes are interactive and focus on building students’ listening, speaking, reading and writing skills using international teaching aids.
01:20 minutes Download video (mp4, 10.01 Mb)
Why learn Chinese with us?
- Well-designed course structure and content
- Experienced and well-trained native-speaking Chinese teachers
- Small classes and individual coaching time
- International acclaimed university textbooks
Our Chinese Mandarin language courses are developed to suit different learning levels. Students can choose from a four year standard program or a two year intensive program that offers them a clear long-term perspective and a structured program that is based on the most widely used international teaching material.
Chinese Standard Program
10 consecutive weeks, 2 hours per week (20 hours per term)
Chinese Intensive Program
10 consecutive weeks, 2 x 2 hours per week (40 hours per term)
See full course details or enroll »
Choosing the right language level
If you have studied Chinese previously, count the vocabulary items in your previous text book and convert to the following level:If you have studied Chinese previously, count the vocabulary items in your previous text book and convert to the following level:
- Up to 165 items: Chinese 1011 and 1012 (Standard) or Chinese 101 (Intensive)
- Up to 350 items: Chinese 1021 and 1022 (Standard) or Chinese 102 (Intensive)
- Up to 525 items: Chinese 1031 and 1032 (Standard) or Chinese 103 (Intensive)
- Up to 700 items: Chinese 1041 and 1042 (Standard) or Chinese 104 (Intensive)
- Up to 875 items: Chinese 2011 and 2012 (Standard)
- Up to 1050 items: Chinese 2021 and 2022 (Standard)
- Up to 1250 items: Chinese 2031 and 2032 (Standard)
- Up to 1450 items: Chinese 2041 and 2042 (Standard)
If you still require assistance, contact our Chinese language coordinator for specific advice.
Other Chinese Language Courses
Individual and Small Group Tuition
The Confucius Institute provides individual tuition for people with specific learning needs. The individual tuition classes are 1 hour per session. This course provides flexibility and is suitable for busy professionals who are unable to attend regular class.
More information »
China Culture Study Tour 2014 Sponsorship
Are you a current Chinese language student with the CCE & Confucius Institute joint language program? This is an exciting opportunity for you to engage with Chinese culture and language in China. We would like to offer our Chinese language students priority consideration for our Chinese Culture Study Tour, scheduled 10-23 December this year.
Students will explore fascinating historical and cultural sites, experiment with different art forms, interact with Chinese university students and sample the delights of authentic Chinese cuisine.
Please email your application to us by 9pm, Sunday 26 October firstname.lastname@example.org
More information »