China Culture Study Tour
Are you intrigued by Chinese history, culture or the booming Chinese economy? Would you like to discover more about the country, it's beautiful landscape, cuisine and people?
The Confucius Institute is offering University of Sydney students and Confucius Institute Chinese language students, an opportunity to immerse in the culture and traditions of China through our China Culture Study Tour in December 2015.
This 14 day Study Tour travels from Beijing and Shanghai to explore both cities' fascinating historical and cultural sites. Students will experiment with different art forms, interact with Chinese university students and sample the delights of authentic Chinese cuisine.
Enrol now in our Chinese language program to be eligible for this fantastic opportunity!
Applications for 2015's China Culture Study Tour are not open yet.
Please watch this page for details as they become available.
Download Application here.
Tour participants will only pay for:
- International airfare approx AUD 1200-1,300 with Eastern China Airline (fare may change depend on the time of your booking)
- Travel insurance – from AUD 175 (depending on the cover you choose with QBE)
- Visa application and services – AUD 98.50 for single entry for Australian Citizens
- Personal expenses in China based on individual requirements
Eligible candidates must:
- Possess a valid passport and be an Australian permanent resident or citizen and a non-Chinese passport holder
- Be current students of the Confucius Institute or The University of Sydney
- Be under the age of 35 (born after 21 September 1979)
- Not have received a scholarship within the last 12 months to study in China
- You MUST have a valid passport. If you do not have a passport or if it expires before 3 December 2013, you MUST apply for one now.
- Organise your travel insurance cover. Registrations will only be processed in accompanied by a valid travel insurance policy.
- Please inform us if you have severe health issues. Submit copies of your visa, travel insurance policy and passport to the Program Administrator.
- You must organise your own visa for the program and make sure you have a valid visa and passport for the duration of your stay in China.
- You will need to organise an appointment with the China Visa Application Centre. You can visit their website and begin your online visa application here.
- Australian passport holders should register with Smart Traveller at DFAT’s website - http://www.smarttraveller.gov.au/
- We recommend you to register with the Australian Embassy in Beijing. Foreign nationals should register with their own consulate and/or embassy in China. A listing of the Australian Embassy and consulates can be found at: www.dfat.gov.au/missions/
Tel: 9114 0760 or 90367512 Email: .
* Disclaimer: Program itinerary is subject to change without prior notice either before departure or after the commencement of the program.