Learn Self Defence Skills for Life
Self defence is not about hurting anyone; it is about stopping other people from hurting you or your loved ones and learning techniques to defend yourself in a dangerous or sexually threatening situation.
The Confucius Institute's brand new course Kung Fu Self Defence focuses on empowering individuals and teaching them to defend themselves. This 10 week program will centre on building your fitness levels, equipping you with skills to handle conflict situations and improving strength and flexibility.
Kung Fu is a simple, direct and yet efficient form of martial arts that utilizes scientific principles, body biomechanics, structures and efficiency rather than size and brute force. This course provides you with a great opportunity to learn the fundamental Kung Fu concepts and combine it with practical experience on how to stay safe in a dangerous or sexually threatening situation. This course is suitable for both beginner and advanced adults (male and especially female participants) and is taught in a relaxed and non-threatening environment.
Richard (Hongguang) Niu holds a master degree in Chinese martial arts and has won several international Chinese martial arts competitions. He began martial arts training at a very young age and is passionate about sharing his knowledge.
Start date: To be announced
Location: Drama Studio 427, Old Teacher's College (A22) Camperdown Campus
Tuition fees: $200
- Dress - please wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing and flat-soled shoes
- The class will be conducted in English. The instructor also speaks Mandarin.
- Parking is available on the campus for a flat fee of $6 after 6pm.
- We aim to have a maximum number of 15 students in all our classes. If we exceed 15 students, we will try to split classes (depending on availability of teachers and facilities).
- All classes need a minimum number of students to go ahead. If your chosen course does not have sufficient enrolment, it may be postponed to next term or cancelled. Should this happen, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- For legal reasons, we reserve the right to vary courses due to unforeseen circumstances.
If you have any queries about this outline or any aspect of the Chinese Martial Arts class, please do not hesitate to contact us on 02 9036 7512 or email .