Tai Ji for Health (Beginners Class)
Tai Ji (also called Tai Chi) is a Chinese martial arts which has become one of the world’s most popular forms of exercise. Underpinned by the ancient Chinese principles of yin and yang, Tai Ji uses soft, slow and continuous movements in order to train the body and focus the mind. Studies have shown that practising Tai Ji can improve one’s health, reduce stress and provide relief for ailments such as high blood pressure, arthritis and osteoporosis.
The course involves step-by-step instruction that teaches the basic Tai Ji movements in a friendly and relaxed environment. The classes are small (15 maximum) in order to provide students with the opportunity for one-to-one coaching.
Pre-Requisites: No prior knowledge or experience of Tai Ji is needed.
Further Support: We encourage students to continue their Tai Ji practice at home and offer additional support in a variety of ways. Other support includes:
- Weekly class outlines
- Tai Ji DVD $25 each
Our teacher Richard (Hongguang) Niu began martial arts training at a very young age. He holds a Masters degree in Chinese Martial Arts and has won several international Chinese Martial Arts competitions. Richard has been teaching Chinese Martial Arts and Tai Ji for Beginners with the Confucius Institute since 2011. It is Richard’s vision to introduce Tai Ji Quan to the community as an art of exercise and a way of living. He believes that years of practicing Tai Ji Quan will bring participants optimal health, vitality, energy and equilibrium.
Tai Ji For Health (Lunchtime Introductory Workshop)
Start date: Friday 24 February 2017
Location: Drama Studio 420, Old Teachers' College Camperdown Campus, University of Sydney
Tuition fees: $120
Registration: Click Here
Location and Map
Old Teachers' College (A22)
View Old Teachers College (A22) in a larger map
- Dress: Please wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing and flat-soled shoes
- The class will be conducted in English. The instructor also speaks Mandarin.
- Parking is available on the campus for a flat fee of $6 after 6pm.
- We aim to have a maximum number of 15 students in all our classes. If we exceed 15 students, we will try to split classes (depending on availability of teachers and facilities).
- All classes need a minimum number of students to go ahead. If your chosen course does not have sufficient enrolment, it may be postponed to next term or cancelled. Should this happen, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- For legal reasons, we reserve the right to vary courses due to unforeseen circumstances.
If you have any queries about this outline or any aspect of the Tai Ji for Beginners Workshop, please do not hesitate to contact us on 02 9114 0760 or email