Tai Ji Beginners Class
Tai Ji is a Chinese martial art that has become one of the world’s most popular forms of exercise. Underpinned by the ancient Chinese principles of yin and yang, Tai Ji uses soft, slow and continuous movements in order to train the body and focus the mind. Studies have shown that practising Tai Ji may improve one’s health, reduce stress and provide relief for ailments such as high blood pressure and arthritis.
The Tai Ji Beginners course is designed for people over the age of 16 who are looking for low-intensity fitness training and wish to improve their health, concentration and general wellbeing.
The course involves step-by-step instruction that focuses on improving participants’ skills in a friendly and relaxed environment. The class will be small (15 maximum) in order to provide students with the opportunity for one-to-one coaching.
Pre-Requisites: No prior knowledge or experience of Tai Ji is needed.
Further Support: We encourage students to continue their Tai Ji practice at home and offer additional support in a variety of ways. Other support includes:
- Weekly class outlines
- Tai Ji DVD, $15 each
- Tai Ji T-shirt and Tai Ji pants, $15 per item.
- Individual Tuition: Available upon request.
Lina He is a dedicated practitioner of Taiji Quan with over 20 years of practising and 10 Years of teaching experience. She travels regularly to China to undergo traditional training from her Chinese masters. It is Lina’s vision to introduce Taiji Quan to the community as both an art of exercise and a way of life. She believes that years of practising Taiji Quan will bring participants optimal health, vitality, energy and equilibrium.
Monday 13 October (for 8 consecutive weeks)
|Registration now open, click here to enrol.|
Location & Map
Classes are held in the Drama Studio (Room 427) of The Old Teachers' College (Building A22).
See the below map for the location of The Old Teachers' College:
View Old Teachers College (A22) in a larger map
- Dress: Please wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing and flat-soled shoes
- The class will be conducted in English. The instructor also speaks Mandarin.
- Parking is available on the campus for a flat fee of $6 after 6pm.
- We aim to have a maximum number of 15 students in all our classes. If we exceed 15 students, we will try to split classes (depending on availability of teachers and facilities).
- All classes need a minimum number of students to go ahead. If your chosen course does not have sufficient enrolment, it may be postponed to next term or cancelled. Should this happen, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- For legal reasons, we reserve the right to vary courses due to unforeseen circumstances.
If you have any queries about this outline or any aspect of the Tai Ji Beginners class, please do not hesitate to contact us on 02 9114 0760 or email