Tai Ji 24 Forms Class
This course is for people who wish to develop their knowledge and experience in the 24 forms in Yang style. The focus of this course is to perfect students’ techniques by training the posture, leg strength, body and mind coordination, synchronizing upper and lower body movements and the forms.
The course will be conducted by step-by-step instructions. There will be group training and working in pairs to assist the learning. The class will be small (15 maximum) in order to provide students with the opportunity for one to one coaching.
Pre Requisites: A previous Tai Ji workshop with the Confucius Institute or experience training in Tai Ji.
Further Support: We encourage students to continue their Tai Ji practice at home and offer additional support in a variety of ways. Other support includes:
- Weekly class outlines.
- Tai Ji DVD for $15 each
- Individual Tuition: Available upon request.
Our teacher Richard (Hongguang) Niu began martial arts training at a very young age. He holds a Masters degree in Chinese Martial Arts and has won several international Chinese Martial Arts competitions. Richard has been teaching Chinese Martial Arts and Tai Ji with the Confucius Institute since 2011.
It is Richard’s vision to introduce Taiji Quan to the community as an art of exercise and a way of living. He believes that years of practicing Taiji Quan will bring participants optimal health, vitality, energy and equilibrium.
|Start Date:||Monday 13 July 2015|
|Location:||Drama Studio 427 Old Teachers' College|
|Camperdown Campus, University of Sydney|
|Fee:||$160 for 8 consecutive weeks|
Location & Map
Classes are held in the Drama Studio (Room 427) of The Old Teachers' College (Building A22).
See the below map for the location of The Old Teachers' College:
View Old Teachers College (A22) in a larger map
- Dress: Please wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing and flat-soled shoes
- The class will be conducted in English.
- Parking is available on the campus for a flat fee of $6 after 6pm.
- We aim to have a maximum number of 15 students in all our classes. If we exceed 15 students, we will try to split classes (depending on availability of teachers and facilities).
- All classes need a minimum number of students to go ahead. If your chosen course does not have sufficient enrolment, it may be postponed to next term or cancelled. Should this happen, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- For legal reasons, we reserve the right to vary courses due to unforeseen circumstances.
If you have any queries about this outline or any aspect of the Tai Ji 24 Form class, please do not hesitate to contact us on 02 9114 0760 or email