Tai Ji Sword and Advanced 24 Forms Course
Tai Ji Sword and Advanced 24 Forms is a course suitable for people who have already learnt Tai Ji 24 Forms and would like to further develop their Tai Ji skills.
Tai Ji involves lifelong, ongoing practice, so we will continuously add new elements and new forms. The normal sequence after the 24 Forms is the Tai Ji Sword, because you can feel more in touch with martial arts with a sword in your hands. In this course, we will start learning the 32 Sword Forms, combining the course with a review of the 24 Forms.
The course will provide more insights and knowledge about these unique Chinese martial arts. We will divide the 24 Forms into several parts and each part will be combined with forms of Tai Ji Sword.
Pre Requisites: A previous Tai Ji course with the Confucius Institute or experience training in Tai Ji (this course is not suitable for complete beginners).
Further Support: We encourage students to continue their Tai Ji practice at home and offer additional support in a variety of ways. Other support includes:
- Weekly class outlines
- Tai Ji DVD library (Week-long lending is free; however, we require a $10 deposit. You may also purchase DVDs for $15 each)
- Individual Tuition: Available upon request.
Lina He is a dedicated practitioner of Taiji Quan with 10 years of fitness training experience. She travels regularly to China to undergo traditional training from her Chinese masters. It is Lina's vision to introduce Taiji Quan to the community as an art of exercise and a way of living. She believes that years of practicing Taiji Quan will bring participants optimal health, vitality, energy and equilibrium.
|Start Date:||Monday 27 May 2013 6.30 - 8pm|
|Location:||Drama Studio 427 Old Teachers' College|
|Camperdown Campus, University of Sydney|
|Fee:||$160 for 8 consecutive weeks|
|$144 for staff and students of the University of Sydney|
Location & Map
Classes are held in the Drama Studio (Room 427) of The Old Teachers' College (Building A22).
See the below map for the location of The Old Teachers' College:
View Old Teachers College (A22) in a larger map
- Dress: Please wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing and flat-soled shoes
- The class will be conducted in English. The instructor also speaks Mandarin.
- Parking is available on the campus for a flat fee of $6 after 6pm.
- We aim to have a maximum number of 15 students in all our classes. If we exceed 15 students, we will try to split classes (depending on availability of teachers and facilities).
- All classes need a minimum number of students to go ahead. If your chosen course does not have sufficient enrolment, it may be postponed to next term or cancelled. Should this happen, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- For legal reasons, we reserve the right to vary courses due to unforeseen circumstances.
If you have any queries about this outline or any aspect of the Tai Ji 24 Form class, please do not hesitate to contact us on 02 9036 7512 or email