A message from the President: Mrs Annie Corlett
My involvement with, and commitment to, the University of Sydney over a number of years has given me the opportunity to understand and actively support the University's stakeholders and, in particular, its alumni. My aspiration as Alumni Council President is to increase the engagement of alumni with our University by facilitating opportunities for alumni to connect, not only with each other, but with the University's students and academic staff.
I am pleased to advise that Alumni Council initiatives for this year include:
- the Alumni Council Strategic Planning Day, scheduled for March, will be informed by the Recommendations of the 2013 Alumni Council Strategic Review and the October 2013 Alumni Review
- initiatives to improve graduate tracking and locate ‘lost alumni’
- the continuation of a diligent and innovative approach to our important communication links with alumni, especially through the Sydney Alumni Magazine(SAM), eSydney and our faculty communications
- another comprehensive program of alumni events, with an increased focus on joint alumni and development-focused activities
- extending our student/alumni mentoring efforts
- encouraging alumni participation in the Fun, Fare and Future Alumni Program.
Further activities for 2014 are:
- the annual presentation of Alumni Awards and Graduate Medals
- the attendance of Alumni Councillors at graduations ceremonies.
I believe that alumni relationships and an engagement with our University can be intellectually stimulating, provide effective networking opportunities and enrich our lives in so many ways, so I encourage all alumni to become and stay connected.
BEc Syd '80
President of the University of Sydney Alumni Council
Mr John McLenaghan AM (BEc Syd '59) President 2012
Mr David Turner (BArch ('71) MDesSc, Hons ('97)) President 2009-2011
Dr Barry Catchlove (MBBS ’66) President 2006-2008
Dr Michael Thomas (B Sc ’59) President 2003-2005
Ms Helga Pettitt (Dip Comm Nurs ’79, Dip Adv Clin Nurs ’91) President 2000-2002
Mr George Symons (B Ec ’83) President 1997-1999
Mr Charles Latimer (BA ’82, B Ec ’88) President 1994-1996
Dr Neville Webb AM (BA ’49, Dip Ed ’50, M Ed ’79) President 1988-1993
Dr Les Kemp AM (BA ’38, MA ’47, Hon Fellow ’89) President 1985-1987