Teaching external programs

While many continuing education courses taught by University of Sydney staff fall under the Part VA and VB statutory licence schemes of the Copyright Act, courses conducted for groups of students who have no connection or association with the University may not be covered by these licences.

If you are planning to run programs such as short courses for overseas universities or private companies you will need to make special plans when preparing teaching resources. You will usually need to obtain permission to use third party copyright materials in any teaching materials you wish to use in these courses. You should factor the time taken to obtain permission and possible reproduction fees into account when preparing courses.

Contact the Director of Copyright Services to establish if the proposed program falls under the statutory licence schemes.