Using multi-media

While films and DVDs can be screened in a lecture, purchased or hired copies usually cannot be reproduced without the permission of the copyright owners. The flexible dealing or special case exception, s200AB, may offer some scope for copying and streaming this material, provided all the requirements of the section can be met.

Under Part VA of the Copyright Act, the University can copy and communicate any radio and TV programs received in Australia as well as podcasts of programs broadcast by free-to-air broadcasters in Australia. The University’s Agreement with Screenrights determines royalty payments to copyright owners and the methodology used in the sampling surveys conducted every 3-4 years.