Nursing Postgraduate Non-Degree
The information on this page applies to future students. Current students should refer to their faculty handbooks for course information.
If you are currently, or have previously been a registered nurse, you may apply to undertake either one or a number of units of study for the purpose of continuing professional development or simply for interest. Sydney Nursing School offers non-degree units of study in a wide array of fields including, mental health nursing, intensive care nursing and clinical trials practice.
Inherent Requirements for Nursing courses
How to apply
How to apply
Please contact the Postgraduate Student Advisor, Sydney School of Nursing on 02 9351 0504 prior to putting in your on-line application application.
Please submit the following with your application:
(1) certified copies of academic transcripts or clinical qualifications/achievements;
(2) certified copies of any degrees or diplomas;
(3) certified copy of current authority to practise as a registered nurse from an Australian state or territory;
(4) Statement of Support – Clinical Assessment Requirement form (if appropriate) available from the Faculty website (
5) certified copy of your passport, birth certificate or citizenship certificate;
(6) certified copy of your marriage certificate or other appropriate documentation, if your name has changed;
(7) evidence of English proficiency (ie IELTS test results) if appropriate.
any other relevant documentation that you feel may support your application.
Your admission to a unit or units of study at the University of Sydney is subject to approval, which may include the fulfilment of prerequisites in previous study or your professional experience, and availability.