Audio and Acoustics
Level: Postgraduate coursework
The Audio and Acoustics program is unique in Australia and one of only a few comparable programs in the world. The program offers a balance of studio-based production subjects and theoretical and investigative subjects in acoustics and technical audio. It will suit candidates with an academic and/or professional track record in audio and related areas who wish to extend the breadth and depth of their expertise-this includes audio engineers, architects, interior designers, sustainable designers and musicians.
The program is supported by two audio studios and one of Australia's best acoustics facilities. The Acoustics Research Laboratory houses an anechoic room and reverberant room, and contains extensive state-of-the-art equipment for measurement and analysis including the only indoor environmental quality laboratory in the southern hemisphere. The audio studios consist of a recording studio and a 5.1 channel production studio. You will also be exposed to world-class research activity and have the opportunity to do research projects on your own.
Courses may be undertaken at master's degree, graduate diploma or graduate certificate level. The program is currently developing in the areas of sound reinforcement system design, interactive sound design, spatial audio, psychoacoustics and advanced measurement methods.
Courses available in this area
- Graduate Certificate in Architectural Science (Audio and Acoustics)
- Graduate Diploma in Architectural Science (Audio and Acoustics)
- Master of Architectural Science (Audio and Acoustics)
- Master of Architectural Science (Audio and Acoustics) (High Performance Buildings)
- Master of Architectural Science (Audio and Acoustics) (Illumination Design)
- Master of Architectural Science (Audio and Acoustics) (Sustainable Design)