Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
The Bachelor of Education (Secondary) program is offered with specialisations in humanities and social sciences (combined with a Bachelor of Arts degree), science or mathematics (combined with a Bachelor of Science degree), Aboriginal Studies, and human movement and health education. You may choose to study in the area you wish to teach, completing substantial periods of professional experience placements, and your Sydney degree will be recognised by the Board of Studies, Teaching and Educational Standards NSW (BOSTES).
The Bachelor of Education at Sydney produces qualified teachers who are in high demand both in Australia and overseas. Professional experience placements in schools begin in third year where students are introduced to teaching by observing and interacting with small groups of pupils. By the final professional experience placement you will be able to teach competently and without the need for close supervision. Honours is available to meritorious candidates and is undertaken in the final two years of the program.
Courses available in this area
- Bachelor of Education (Health and Physical Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education: Mathematics) and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education: Science) and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Human Movement and Health Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences) and Bachelor of Arts