Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Higher Education)
The information on this page applies to future students. Current students should refer to their faculty handbooks for course information.
The Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Higher Education) is offered by the Institute for Teaching and Learning through the Faculty of Education and Social Work. It is designed for university teachers. The course aims to provide university teachers with opportunities to reflect on educational theory and student learning research from the perspective of their own teaching experiences through the scholarship of teaching and learning. It is designed to support staff in developing their professional expertise as university teachers in order to better understand and enhance the learning of their students.
Units of study
For full information on Units of Study available in this course, please visit the Sydney Courses website
Full units of study list
- BACH5042 - Teaching Clinical Reasoning
- BACH5085 - Clinical Teaching and Supervision
- EDPA5001 - Organisational Theory,Managemnt & Admin
- EDPA5011 - Organisational Culture and Change
- EDPA5013 - Program Evaluation
- EDPA6015 - Management and Leadership
- EDPA6016 - Organisations as Learning Communities
- EDPA6017 - School Effectiveness and Improvement
- EDPA6018 - Social Policy Process
- EDPB5016 - Global Poverty,Social Policy and Ed
- EDPB5017 - International Policy Trends in Education
- EDPB5018 - Investigating International Education
- EDPC5003 - Learning Tech. in Education & Practice
- EDPC5012 - Evaluating Learning Tech. Innovation
- EDPD5001 - Students with Special Educational Needs
- EDPD5002 - Principles of Workplace Training
- EDPD5003 - Principles of Open Employment
- EDPD5004 - Understanding Challenging Behaviour
- EDPD5011 - Inclusive Education
- EDPD5012 - Principles of Positive Behaviour Support
- EDPD5013 - Pedagogy and Students with ASD
- EDPD5014 - Teaching Learning Difficulties - Basics
- EDPD5015 - Meeting Spec Ed Needs Through Curriculum
- EDPD5017 - Gifted & Talented: An Introduction
- EDPD5018 - Gifted & Talented: Ed Models & Practice
- EDPD6001 - Researching Open Employment
- EDPD6015 - Collaboration and Consultation
- EDPD6016 - Students with Autism and Complex Needs
- EDPD6018 - Assessment in Special Education
- EDPE5001 - Learning,Knowing and Thinking
- EDPE5002 - Human Development in Context
- EDPE5011 - Motivation for Learning
- EDPE6013 - Learning and Teaching Thinking Skills
- EDPE6016 - Adult Learning and Development
- EDPG5001 - Discourse and Language Teaching
- EDPG5011 - Children's Literature K-12
- EDPJ5001 - Intercultural Language Education
- EDPJ5002 - Second Language Acquisition
- EDPJ5013 - Methodology and Language Teaching
- EDPJ5016 - Grammar and the Language Classroom
- EDPJ5020 - Literacy and Language Teaching
- EDPJ5024 - English in Academic Settings
- EDPK5001 - Qualitative Methods
- EDPK5003 - Developing a Research Project
- EDPN5013 - Coaching Pedagogy
- EDPN5015 - Sport and Technology
- EDPN5016 - Planning &Program Management for Coaches
- EDPN6014 - Contemporary Issues in Coaching
- EDPR5001 - University Teaching and Learning
- EDPR5002 - Reflection & Practice in University T& L
- EDPR5003 - University Teaching Portfolios
- EDPR5011 - Scholarship of Uni Teaching and Learning
- EDPR6012 - Developing Integ eLearning Env Higher Ed
- EDPZ5010 - Individual Profession Learning Portfolio
- EDPZ6010 - Prof Learning Leadership Portfolio
- EDPZ6720 - Dissertation
- EDPZ6724 - Dissertation Part 1
- EDPZ6725 - Dissertation Part 2
- EDPZ6730 - Special Project 1
- EDPZ6731 - Special Project 2
- NURS5091 - Simulation-Based Learning in Health
- SCWK6948 - Social Policy Frameworks
- SCWK6949 - Global Social Policy
Further course information
Study plan not available for Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Higher Education).
The Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies has been designed to further the careers of teaching professionals, educational administrators, researchers and policy makers within specific areas of education practice.
A successful applicant for general admission to the Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies will hold a Bachelor of Education; a Bachelor degree, or an equivalent qualification, with the completion of postgraduate studies, or professional experience equivalent to one year full-time, in a field appropriate to the program of studies.
How to apply
How to apply
Applications are made directly to the University and assessed by the Faculty. On-time applications for the March Semester close on the last working day of November. Please note: There is no July semester intake for this program.
How to apply
Applications are made directly to the University and assessed by the Faculty. On-time applications for the March Semester close on the last working day of November. University of Sydney staff members who are applying for employer-funded scholarship must provide (a) a copy of their staff ID, (b) a copy of staff appointment contract (must be a minimum of one-year) and (c) all relevant academic transcripts.
Indicative postgraduate student contribution amount
Indicative postgraduate student contribution amount not available for Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Higher Education).
Annual review for postgraduate student contribution amount
Annual review for postgraduate student contribution amount not available for Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Higher Education).
Postgraduate Domestic Tuition Fee
This 2014, tuition fee for a domestic postgraduate student represents the fee that is payable by you in the calendar year you commence your course, commencing in 2013 for a standard annual full time load of 48 credit points (1.0 EFTSL). If your study load is more or less than the 1.0 EFTSL your fee will differ.
Annual review for postgraduate domestic tuition fee
Importantly, tuition fees are subject to annual review by the University, and are likely to increase each year of your period of study, effective at the start of each calendar year.
Additional incidental fees
For some courses there are incidental fees additional to the student contribution and/or course fee. Some of those fees are significant, for example, faculty-specific materials, tools, protected clothing and equipment. For further information about these additional incidental fees, please visit the University's Future Students' website.
Potential for inaccuracy
Whilst every reasonable effort has been made to include correct and up to date information in this prospectus, you are also advised to consult directly with the Student Centre for domestic students or the International Office for international students so that they can provide you with specific and up to date information about those fees.
The academic requirements that are displayed are applicable to currently available courses only, and are updated annually in October and may be changed without notice. The Faculty Handbook and the University of Sydney Calendar are the official legal source of information relating to study at the University of Sydney, and you are referred to those documents
Please note that if you are classified by the University as a Research Training Scheme student in accordance with the Other Grants Guidelines (Research) 2010, you will be exempt from the payment of any SCA or tuition fees for courses undertaken as part of a Research Masters degree and Research Doctoral degree. More information about your eligibility for this Scheme is available here.
International tuition fees for postgraduate students
International tuition fees for postgraduate students not available for Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Higher Education).
Annual review not available for Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Higher Education).
Additional incidental fees and health insurance
Additional incidental fees and health insurance not available for Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Higher Education).
Potential for inaccuracy
Potential for inaccuracy not available for Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Higher Education).