Strategic Public Relations
Level: Postgraduate coursework
Strategic Public Relations focuses on theory and practice within corporate communication and political communication. The corporate communication strand develops and applies strategy selection processes used in large public companies, and analyses and investigates management level communication across SMEs throughout the business cycle, including at times of conflict and crisis. The political communication strand develops candidate campaigns and issue campaign briefs, analyses and applies campaign communication matter including tools such as Twitter, and investigates theories of political communication as they relate to public opinion and public policy.
Courses at master's degree, graduate diploma and graduate certificate level include core studies in strategy selection in corporate public relations, public relations management and conflict resolution, public opinion, public policy and the public sphere, and political public relations.
Courses available in this area
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Public Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Strategic Public Relations (valid for 2014 only)
- Graduate Diploma in Strategic Public Relations (valid from 2015 onwards)
- Master of Strategic Public Relations (valid for 2014 only)
- Master of Strategic Public Relations (valid from 2015 onwards)