Ophthalmology, Ophthalmic Science and Refractive Surgery
Level: Postgraduate coursework
Sydney Medical School's international ophthalmology, ophthalmic sciences and refractive surgery postgraduate program includes studies in ophthalmic science, the applications of ophthalmic equipment, and familiarity with anatomical specimens, prosections, radiographs and electron micrographs, as well as refractive surgery theory and practice.
The Ophthalmic Sciences program also provides a solid foundation for the pursuit of a research career and is offered at graduate certificate, graduate diploma and master's degree level. The Master of Medicine (Ophthalmic Science) is open to applicants who hold a medical qualification (MBBS), or equivalent. The Master of Science in Medicine (Ophthalmic Science) is open to applicants who hold a non-medical qualification. The two master's degrees offer the same course of study. Our Refractive Surgery and International Ophthalmology courses are offered at graduate diploma and master's degree level.
Courses available in this area
- Graduate Diploma in Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Graduate Diploma in International Ophthalmology
- Graduate Diploma in Ophthalmic Science
- Master of International Ophthalmology
- Master of Medicine (Cataract and Refractive Surgery)
- Master of Medicine (Ophthalmic Science)
- Master of Science in Medicine (Ophthalmic Science)