Professional Medical Education
Level: Postgraduate coursework
The Professional Medical Education degrees at the University of Sydney Medical School are vocationally oriented and taught by clinicians, researchers and academics who are at the forefront of their profession. Most of the courses are delivered online and some include intensive face to face workshops. Our degrees are designed to enhance your career and are suitable for recent and established clinicians.
In Critical Care, Internal Medicine and Ophthalmology, you can study to prepare for College entrance examinations. College requirements such the Formal Education Course of the RANZCP, the Scholar role of ANZCA, or the research component of ACEM, can be met by completing our degrees. Coursework includes specialty specific content o improve your clinical expertise, research skills such as epidemiology and biostatistics, and non- technical skills such as communication and clinical decision making and simulation and teaching in a clinical environment.
Our degrees are designed for medical graduates but some are open to students with a health related degree.
Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Master of Science in Medicine programs are also available in some specialisations listed below.
Courses available in this area
- Graduate Certificate in Advanced Clinical Skills (Surgical Anatomy)
- Master of Brain and Mind Sciences
- Master of Clinical Trials Research
- Master of Genetic Counselling
- Master of Medicine (Cataract and Refractive Surgery)
- Master of Medicine (Clinical Neurophysiology)
- Master of Medicine (Critical Care Medicine)
- Master of Medicine (HIV, STIs and Sexual Health)
- Master of Medicine (HIV, STIs and Sexual Health) and Master of Philosophy
- Master of Medicine (Infection and Immunity)
- Master of Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- Master of Medicine (Metabolic Health)
- Master of Medicine (Ophthalmic Science)
- Master of Medicine (Paediatric Medicine)
- Master of Medicine (Pain Management)
- Master of Medicine (Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Development)
- Master of Medicine (Psychotherapy)
- Master of Medicine (Sleep Medicine)
- Master of Surgery (Breast Surgery)