Accompaniment 4 (ACCP2604)
UNIT OF STUDY
Students will undertake a comprehensive syllabus for vocal and instrumental repertoire. They will study the pianistic devices demanded by various composition styles, techniques of performance, rehearsal and ensemble, sight-reading, transposition and concepts of communication. The unit will also contain an introduction to the skills required of the vocal coach and the repetiteur and a series of two masterclasses with professional musicians.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music (Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education)
- Bachelor of Music (Performance)
- Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Doctor of Medicine
- Diploma of Music
Further unit of study information
2 hr lecture/week
Preparation and presentation of class material, contribution to seminars and performance in two master classes (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.