Accounting Principles (ACCT5001)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit provides an introduction to the generally accepted accounting principles and practices underlying financial accounting and reporting. The unit introduces students to the concepts and skills required to prepare, analyse, and interpret financial statements.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Commerce
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Commerce
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting
- Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Public Administration
Further unit of study information
1 x 3hr class per week
assignment: part a (individual) (10%), assignment; part b (group) (10%), mid-semester examination (30%), final examination (50%)
Carlon, S., Mladenovic, R., Palm, C., Kimmel, P.D., Weygandt, J.J. Financial Accounting: Building Accounting Knowledge, Wiley.
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.