Water Management and Variable Climate (AFNR5512)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit builds on knowledge gained in undergraduate science units to develop an understanding of how climate variability affects water resources. Particular focus will be on the effect of climate variability and drought and how this affects plant production and water storage. At the completion of this unit student would be able to: Quantify drought and understand the different dimensions of drought; understand how climate variability impacts plant production and what stages; understand the memory of drought and the impact on resilience; understand how climate change can impact climate variability in the future. Open source sofwater pakages such as R and SWAT will be used for most analysis.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering
- Graduate Certificate in Environmental Science
- Graduate Certificate in Health Security
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainability
- Graduate Diploma in Agriculture and Environment
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science
- Graduate Diploma in Health Security
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainability
- Master of Agriculture and Environment
- Master of Engineering (Fluids Engineering)
- Master of Engineering (Risk Management)
- Master of Environmental Science
- Master of Environmental Science and Law
- Master of Health Security
- Master of Sustainability
Further unit of study information
3 hr workshop/week, practical work, project work during workshops
Assignments (50%) 2 hr exam (50%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
UG Maths or Physics or Hydrology.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.