Engineering Project B (AMME4122)
UNIT OF STUDY
To complete the research requirement for their engineering degree, students now have a choice of either completing Honours Thesis A/B (AMME 4111/AMME4112) or Project A/B (AMME 4121/AMME4122). Project A/B is intended to be more practical in orientation while Thesis A/B demands extensive literature review and critical analysis of outcomes. Honours Thesis is a program for individuals whereas Projects can be done by groups or by an individual. Engineering Project A/B is undertaken across two semesters of enrolment, in two successive Units of Study of 6 credits points each. Engineering Project A covers first steps of project work, starting with development of project proposal. Project B covers the second of stage writing up and presenting the project results.
The fourth year engineering project aims to provide students with the opportunity to carry out a defined piece of independent design work in a setting and in a manner that fosters the development of engineering design skills. These skills include the capacity to define a engineering design problem, showing how it relates to prior art, identifying appropriate tools and methods, carrying out a design in a systematic way and presenting outcomes in a report that is clear, coherent and logically structured.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
Project Work - own time 10 hrs/week.
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
AMME4121 AND 30 credit points of third year units of study
Students will be expected to draw on their project plan, proposed outcomes and background research developed during Project A to allow them to complete the requirements for this unit of study.
AMME4010 OR AMME4111 OR AMME4112
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.