Advanced Computer Aided Manufacturing (AMME5902)
UNIT OF STUDY
The aim of this course is to enhance the student`s manufacturing engineering skills in the CAD/CAM area. The course focuses on CNC milling as a manufacturing automation process applied to a project. The management, planning and marketing of a typical engineering project are also discussed.
Objectives:Through integrated project-based learning and hands-on-machine training, you will learn
o How to successfully complete a CAD/CAM and CNC mill based project.
o Manufacturing management and system skills, such as product planning, manufacturing sequence, time and cost;
o The science in designing and selecting a manufacturing method.
o How to effectively present your ideas and outcomes using oral and report based methods.
It is expected that through your hard work in the semester, you will find
o Enhanced learning by real-world problems.
o Improved comprehensive skill in manufacturing design.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering
- Master of Engineering (Automation and Manufacturing Systems)
- Master of Engineering (Biomedical Engineering)
- Master of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Mechanical)
Further unit of study information
Project Work - in class, Lecture 2 hrs/week; Tutorial 2 hrs/week; Laboratory, Seminar,
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.