Crash Analysis and Design (AMME5912)
UNIT OF STUDY
The objective of the course is to give students skills in the area of highly non-linear finite element analysis. Major topics covered include CAD, Implicit / explicit codes, Wire frame geometry, Elemental Theory, Materials, Pre-processing using ETA-PreSys, Contact, LS-Dyna, using NCAC FEM models, Modeling fasteners, Material covered in lectures is reinforced through independent research, assignments, quizzes and a major capstone project. The capstone project involves the development of an approved crash scenario.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering
- Master of Engineering (Automation and Manufacturing Systems)
- Master of Engineering (Biomedical Engineering)
- Master of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Biomedical)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Mechanical)
Further unit of study information
Lecture 2 hrs/week; Tutorial 2 hrs/week; Project Work - own time,
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
Computer Aided Drafting, Basic FEA principles and Solid Mechanics
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.