Introductory Arabic 1B (ARBC1612)

UNIT OF STUDY

ARBC1602 is the continuation of ARBC1601 Junior Arabic 1A. It aims at building your communicative abilities, as well as extending your vocabulary, and developing further your written skills (reading and writing). Having completed ARBC1602, students can continue onto ARBC2613.

Our courses that offer this unit of study

Further unit of study information

Classes

4x1hr tutorials/week

Assessment

12x oral and Written assignments equivalent to 1000wds total (15%), Tutorial participation (10%), 2x In-class tests equivalent to 1000wds total (20%), 2x oral tests equivalent to 1000wds total (30%), 1x1500wd Exam (25%)

Faculty/department permission required?

No

Unit of study rules

Prerequisites and assumed knowledge

ARBC1611

Prohibitions

ARBC1311, ARBC1312, ARBC1102

Study this unit outside a degree

Non-award/non-degree study

If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.

Cross-institutional study

If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.