Advanced Arabic 3A (ARBC3615)

UNIT OF STUDY

This unit will expand your communication skills in formal and spoken Arabic. You will move from connected sentences toward coherent paragraphs to provide descriptions and narrations. You will be able to discuss and present information about a variety of everyday and personal interest topics. We continue to engage with a variety of cultural topic through asking questions and engaging in group discussions. Preparation for class and active participation in small group activities remain essential components of the unit.

Our courses that offer this unit of study

Further unit of study information

Classes

2x2hr tutorials/week

Assessment

12 x homework assignments (1000wds total) (30%), 3x500wd quizzes (30%), 3 x cultural presentations (500wds total) (5%), 1x500wd skit/presentation (10%), 3 x writing portfolio (1000wd total) (15%), class participation (10%)

Faculty/department permission required?

No

Unit of study rules

Prerequisites

ARBC2614

Prohibitions

ARBC2105 or ARBC1311 or ARBC1312 or ARBC2313 or ARBC2314 or ARBC2315 or ARBC2316 or ARBC2633 or ARBC2634 or ARBC3635 or ARBC3636 or ARBC3637 or ARBC3638

Study this unit outside a degree

Non-award/non-degree study

If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.

Cross-institutional study

If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.